Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Words Hurt

Words hurt. Especially if they are from a dad. I’ve remember words that were said from my dad. Had anyone else ever said them they would not even had registered a pause in my step. But coming from Dad…yea they cut, deep.

I’ve even said them. I have said things that I wish I could have reached out and made my words reverse. Words I said to others, to my family, to my kids…yea…ouch.

But they were a word or two. Not a left message.

This week actor Alec Baldwin’s diatribe to his eleven year old daughter were left on her voice mail. Supposedly, they got to mom, Kim Basinger, and then to a person, or four, and ended up on TMZ.com. Not good.

When I heard them on the news I froze in disbelief that a father could humiliate his princess this way. For nearly three minutes he called her names and demoralized her. I was embarrassed for her. I was had. I hurt…for her.

The words of the father…

Years of now, see where she is. See what price there will be to pay. There will be a price.

Link To Audio File of Alec's Comments

Speak life.