Saturday, November 03, 2007

God Is Not Mad

I am bummed. Not a little bummed...but bummed. Rob Bell and crew are about to launch a 40 Day Tour to major venues called "God Is Not Mad" His previous tour, "Everything Is Spiritual" was a complete success.

Anyway, back to my pout.

It coming through Northern California and SF CITY is happening. I'll be gone.

Bummed trying to find more info of other cities, I stumbled through the new www.heartsupport.com site. Jon Bell, Rob's brother, contribution to change! Anyway, a hop and a skip led me to this...posted by Jon Re: Rob.

I love my brother. He's my best friend. Recently, he did an email interview with a local periodical and I loved his answers. Here is what he said:

"What makes you angry?

Today around 6,000 people will die in Africa from HIV/AIDS and this would not happen in America. that is not right. it makes me angry that one in five people in Grand Rapids live in poverty, it deeply grieves me that thousands of civilians and soldiers are dying in a morally oblique war that is more about oil than anything else, it makes me furious that in a recent survey when people were asked what is a Christian? the number one response was "Someone who hates gays" How did the Jesus message of love and grace and compassion get that distorted by people claiming to be his followers?"

** END

We have some changes to make. Be heard. Speak.

Love.

Lead.

JHarp