Saturday, November 08, 2008

Dreamweaver...I mean Dreamwrecker


I have had a few rough nights of sleep. Three of the last four nights, a portion of the my sleep was disturbed by the same dream. It is a dream I am used to.

In the dream, I am usually driving this car I used to have. It was a 92 Red Honda CRX. I loved that car. It got me through college road trips. While laying still in a deep REM sleep, the Red CRX rolls into my conscience. I am usually alone in the car and going fast.

My driving is in control and calculated. The problem is not my driving. Its not the speed. In the dream, I am flying down the street. FAST.

Then, as I approach a corner, a car, or some other obstacle, I go to hit the breaks. But there is nothing there. The pedal goes to the floor with no tension. BAM.



That is when I wake up. Yea, I would hate to stay asleep and have to see the carnage of my crash.

No breaks.


I don't think I need a Freud session to figure this out. But it is the first time I really pondered it. Today, while running, it hit me. Sometimes life's pace is out of control. Sometimes I feel like everything is moving at a lightening pace. It is.

I probably would have no other way. But when the corners come, the crash creates carnage.

Choosing to brake,

JAS