Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Unexpected Honor


Angela always sends me creative links to things "Jason Harper Minded." A couple days ago she connected me to a guy that was wanting to interview people who worked on the mental side of running as well as the physical training.

I don't intentionally sit down and focus on running. I don't sit down and do mental repetitions. But I do focus on outcome. I do conscientiously seek to avoid any negotiations between my mind and my will. I let them battle it out. I steer clear.


So I connected with Tom Trush. Tom runs a website that build audio coaching for runners. Essentially, he interviews people, then mixes the interview down. He pushes it out to runners so they can listen and learn how to run, while they run.

Heart felt stories, stories of hope, and lessons learned are his focus.

We talked for an hour. At the end, he asked me what was the next summit of my running journey? Frozen, I answered. Little did I know the interview would be posted so quickly.

My plans may have been leaked. So rather than dodging it, I want to affirm that I am started to dream about what is next. But, I remain committed about not committing to anything until January.

Here is the interview if you are interested:

Running Audio Interviews Me On Next Adventure

Until then, Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.

JAS