Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Smiles Amidst Insanity

Smile. I Want To Smile

The year closes today. In a sense, I am happy. In a blink of a second look I am sad. Today is hard. Perspective is skewed. Gaza is being bombed, people are dying, and the ball is preparing to lower high above Time Square. Party people gather. Soldiers take cover.

In the words of Dicken's, "It was the best of times and it was the worst of times."

What was it for you? The contrast of emotions dangle in my mind. As the year ticks its last second, in 2009, I want a greater and more accurate perspective of life, joy, hope, kindness, grace, mercy, and [you fill in the blank here.]

I want my eyes to lock into hope with the trained eye of a sniper. I want the scope to be so focused on what I do, that despite the hopelessness and despair that I see, I can still find life more abundantly.

I stumbled on to a photo essay called "Smiles."



I wanted to smile. As I clicked through and viewed the essay of images, the photographer accomplished to bring a greater perspective to the place you and I live.

Smiles Amidst Insanity

Essential statement: No Matter Your Living Conditions, Smile.



Until the next time,

Jharp