Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We've Been Hacked...Or So I Have Been Told

I knew the Triad Broadcast had traction. A few months ago I was told it was a featured podcast on Itunes. A waiter at a diner told me that he had seen it. I didn't check. Regardless, if it was or wasn't, we have had some good traffic and great conversations.

The Back Story
Last week I read that a CA Political figure wanted to propose lifting the ban on weed, dank, bud...call it what you want. It was intriguing to me. So last week we talked on air about it. Within 12 hours of posting it, the website with the MP3 player at www.jasonharper.cc crashed. What was odd is that the main page loaded but the Broadcast Player crashed.

I called the computer network team. They recognized some "weird" script but nothing for sure. They forwarded it to the Design Team. I called them too. The Design Team at Hydrate Studios pulled the files and examined them. Nothing was there that they could explain. His only assessment was that we had been hacked. I not a computer guy... I have no clue.

If We Were Hacked
The only thing I can think is someone could not get past the title. Maybe they dove in and were livid at dialog. Maybe they wanted dogma, rules, more regulations within religion. The bud smokers didn't blast it.

I am not one to dodge a conflict. Most of the time I don't seek it either. However, I have 2 questions, if it is accurate.

1) How hard up is someone to hack our site, only to melt down our player and contact page?

2) Were we really hacked? If so, by which group. Over zealous do-gooders who are a religious form of the Taliban?

It may not be a surprise to you, but some people despise open dialog. The religionist (not Christians) but rule mongers, can't stand liberty and an open mic in the hands of a person with the ability to formulate an original thought.

But we are smarter. Its on Itunes. Its on mirror sites. Its still out there.

So, I present to you, hacked, but not silenced:

Episode 195: Legalized Weed For Greed?

Cut and paste in your browser
http://odeo.com/episodes/24275069-Episode-195-Legalized-Weed-For-Greed

Until the site is back up...

Jas
www.jasonharper.cc