Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Met My Hero


So while at Badwater, I was able to talk to and connect with Dean Karnazes. WOW. More on that later. Now MY NEWEST HERO will be whoever can fix my blogger page at www.jasonharper.cc

Back to Dean. Maybe you have not heard of him. He is a super human, physically and socially. He advocates for children using his love for running to move people to action. Read more of him at www.ultramarathonman.com

A few years ago, I read that Dean runs all night at times to clear his head. I tried it and it works. He also chose and completed 50 marathons in 50 days... in 50 states. Unless you've run one, it may not sound like alot. Its super human.

But what moved me the most is his humility and approachability. I saw him while I was crewing at Badwater. He was engaging, talkative, and inspiring...and he was running a 135 mile foot race in 120+ heat.

I was challenged. There are times when I am NOT engaging, talkative, and inspiring...and I am sitting in my office. When I returned to Sacramento after Badwater our conversation continues...

More to come.