Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lauging With

Just woke up early from a 1 AM return from Badwater 135 Ultra Marathon. To travel through the desert a mile at a time cheering on a friend who was running in the most brutal race on the planet for the inner city kids I love stops me.

I found myself at times smiling. Laughing...laughing with friends.

I found myself at times wanting to cry. Crying, as I look in the rear view mirror called 'past' and reflect on how sometimes pain produces purpose.

Being at Badwater was therauputic for me. At times, I was overwhelmed reliving my 100 mile run. When I ran, it was the hardest run on my planet. But now having seen Badwater, it takes pain for purpose to a whole next level. I want in!

I cheered for Ray. I chatted with other champions, many heroes in my world. Charlie Engle, Jamie Donaldson, & Dean Karnazes. To most they are just names. But to me, when I say Ray Sanchez, a man propelled for my cause...I think heroe.

Ray gives himself to a cause bigger than himself. To me, that matters.

When I woke up this morning, my friend Scott Sorgea sent me a video he had just come a cross. You will like it too:



Now reflect.

Smile. Feel. Love. Live. Laugh.

Laugh with...

Much hope,

JHARP