Friday, November 25, 2011

Lessons from I Am Legend

First of all, I hate horror movies. Yet I was gripped by this one. There was an underlying theme that held me glued. Maybe it was the constant battle that Smith walked in throughout the movie.



Will Smith's character Robert Neville creates the tipping point of the movie when telling this story of Reggae legend, Bob Marley.

Marley believed the theory on curing racism and hate was possible by "injecting music and love into people's lives… the people who are trying to make this world worse are not taking a day off. Why should I?"
What if every person lived with an expectancy that their actions would be spoken of in generations to come? People looked back on how you lived, led, and loved, and said, "___FILL YOUR NAME IN HERE___, he/she was a LEGEND."
Today, not tomorrow, live knowing that one person can make a difference. You. Believe, dream, and decide today, that you can provide hope for a new way of living and thinking, doing and being.
Like Smith's character, be willing to sacrifice to defend, or more importantly, declare the cure. Ironically, in I Am Legend, blood samples were the inoculates. Amazing.

Love+Light=Life



Until then, much love…and ask "How Can I light up the darkness?" Darkness is not taking a day off.

JHarp