Friday, March 10, 2006

Masata

A Miracle For Sure...Masata

I met her at the FTH SCT Dinner Premier. I've met people like her before but something about her moved me. She told me with great excitement of how she and her 2 yr old son were moving from a shelter to their first ever government assisted apartment.

She did not ask me. I engaged her.
"How are things coming?" Great she replied. Her heart jumped at the response. I pressed. Do you have everything you need? She continued to smile and say, "No, but I have my first place." As if to repeat what she is embarking on.

She was thrilled, yet having nothing. I asked a third time. "I know you said you have nothing, but what do you have...?"

She pondered the list of what she had.

That's when Masata's words melted me. She said systimatically, "I have a blanket, a sheet, and a pillow... well it is a pillow from a couch.

I smiled and said "I am proud of you."

Sure. I was thinking the same things. How did she get there? What's her story? Is she working? But God interupted. At that moment it didn't matter. What mattered is that she was His princess. And a princess in need.

I told her I would call her next week by Tuesday afternoon (12/6). It was a promise I made. It's a promise I will keep. I am calling her today to tell her that one of my unchurched friends has offered a sleeper sofa. She will be estatic.

But what else is out there?

Is there a bed frame or matress in the corner of your garage?
Is there a 2nd or third fridge that you use to cool food in the garage?
Is there a dresser...maybe even a coffee table?

Think with me? I want to show Masata God's love in a practical way. I believe people can partner to do extra-ordinary things.

Be a part.

For Masata, it's impossible. Together, let's disrupt the impossible.
______________________________________________________

If you have interest in being part of the "Masata Miracle" email with the item and it's condition. I am committed toi given her good stuff, though it may be slightly used.

Thank you for loving. Thank you for listening.

Jas