Sunday, October 12, 2008

Killing Rattlers. Call Me Snake Sniper

Last Friday, my friend Rob and I saw a rattlesnake under my house resting on the inside mud seal vent. It must have gotten stuck during recent construction. So Rob and I tried to catch it. It escaped. Today, I got home and it was back on the ledge. I called "Pops" in Montana. He said, "Blast it with your 12 Guage."



[We lost the shotgun blast. Probably best for the weak stomachs.]

With Scott and Brett looking on and with Michelle rolling footage, I blasted the Rattler. From 15 feet, I sniped him with a choked down condenser wad to prevent buck shot scatter. The Rattler became brain matter.

For all the PETA Enthusiast, this video is not for you. I saved my family $499.95. The Rattle Snake removal wanted $500. I handled the business with a 5 cent shell.