Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 39: Runner You Need to Know: Keira Henninger

Keira Henninger is an incredible athlete, mom, ultra-runner, and Be Change supporter. I met her in 2011 when Jimmy Dean Freeman introduced her to me at a race. Having seen her compete many times, I was compelled to cheer for her as I saw that in many ways she is like me...or I am like her. Scary.

Hyper-competitive.
Driven.
ADHD. :)
Loving. Kind. Caring.

Easily bored and yet determined to live life to the foolest, Keira is race director in Southern California. A huge ball of energy with a gigantic passion for life, Keira competes. Her friends love her and she loves them.

Ultra-runners, two quick thoughts.

1) Stay on her good side by living self-less as she does and give your energy to a cause that is bigger than you. As do I, Keira believes that if you are going to run, run for a reason.

2) Register to run in her world. Find the races that she is connected to and frequent them. A few to start with...

Leona Divide
Los Pinos 50K
Leona Valley Trail Races

Keira on Keira: "I am extremely demanding on all involved personally with me...I'm all about my ultra family! Being afraid and discouraged will cause you to miss your destiny...fear keeps you from starting, and discouragement causes you to quit."

Keira, all of us at Be Change have mad love for you and all you do!

Now run,

Jharp









* Keira Henninger (L) and Michelle Barton (R)