Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 111: Do It Anyway

If you are a Nor Cal Runner, you awakened to rain...again. There is something soothing and stressing about the rain.

Soothing. The clatter of drips hitting the roof awakened me and made me want to go back to sleep. The rhythm gives sync.

Stressful. The thought of getting out of bad, amidst tapering for this weekend's race cause a dull stress. Without unction, I want to skip the run. Finding the mojo to get going is stressful.

I know its the day after Easter and you may still be lounging. Run anyway.
I know its raining. Run anyway.
I know its still dark. Run anyway.

Do it. Do it anyway.

Its day 111. Something about the ones is just enough to move. Look ahead. I am looking forward to this November and 11/11/11. That day is our Rim to Rim to Rim | R3 Run in the Grand Canyon is a beast of 52 Miles from the South Rim to the basin river to the North Rim and then back to the South Rim.

Ramp it up. Make that day the longest and fastest you have ever gone.

Pick a DMB Song. Grab U2's Where the Streets Have No Name and then run. Those streets await. Whether its 9 minutes or 9 miles or 13 miles and a near-half marathon...today RUN.

Peace.
JAS