Monday, January 10, 2011

Running 365: Day 10: "Find Rhythm"


Sometimes its good to reflect and remember that Be Change moves beyond inner-city children and their needs. I forget sometimes of its reach and contagious impact on people and friends from every aspect of life and every corner of America.

I recieved this today from a friend in the Mid West. More than 2 years ago, he and I sat down and discussed his desire to lose weight. Running was not an option for his joints and knees, feet and legs. We talked through a simple plan to get moving with a goal of reaching a single day of 10,000 steps.

To encourage him, our team pitched in and surprised him by sending him a pair of Asics running shoe to jump start his vision. Never dreamed I'd get the email below...

Obviouisly, his identity is confidential... :)

"Jas-

Just wanted to let you know that I have gone 32 days straight with 12,000 steps or more (most days over 15,000). I am my goal is to average 20,000 steps by the end of winter. I have lost about 50 lbs and am feeling better than ever. I start every day with 90 minutes on the treadmill. It is quickly becoming an addiction that I never thought I would have. I am fitting into clothes that I have not been able to wear for over 3 years. It has taken time but I am finally finding my rhythm.

Thanks for getting my feet moving,

______"

Re-read his last line.

"It has taken time but I am finally finding my rhythm."

Everything is about rhythm. Finding yours means that your mind, body, and soul are working in concert to create the best version of yourself.

Today, the best version of yourself is a healthy outlook on life.

Best version has a vision.
Best version has a dream.
Best version makes the first move.

Like my friend's journey, the first step of 12,000 in a day, is the first one.

Now go!

Much love.
JHARP