Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Running 365: Day 11: "Run For Courage"

I can feel the affects of running 11 days straight. Its not big miles, but some have asked what distance constitutes "a run." Good question. Seeking to run everyday of the year may not happen and there is zero pressure to complete it. Part of the passion and purpose is just moving forward each day with a desire to run.

A run, being a minimum of 2 miles, could be interupted at any moment by circumstances beyond my control. If that happens, I'll write about what caused me to miss the run. Maybe its travel. Maybe its exhaustion. Maybe its will. Maybe its desire. Regardless, I am just enjoying the process.

If you are going to run, run for a reason.

Yesterday, I had the honor of meeting with Ashlie Bryant and the team that drive Run For Courage. This group of women are convicted to confront the tradgedy of Human Sex Trafficing. By organizing 5K races, they raise funds and then direct those funds to the most effective places and organizations addressing this global epidemic. Amazing.

We sat at Ashlie's home with her family and team and discussed vision for the future. I left feeling so encouraged to see how running is being used as a tool to raise awareness and funding for a couragous cause.

Run for Courage! Run for a Reason. Just run.