Sunday, January 16, 2011

Running 365: Day 16: "Tick Tock"

The tenths of mile clicked off like hours on a clock. Today was a marathon day and after being gone since 6AM this morning, I walked in at 8:46 PM. Having gone full tilt since the start of the day, I had not ran. I had not posted. I had not finished what I am seeking to do; try to run everyday this year...and/or blog about the process.

First, I have NEVER ran 16 days straight. Friday and Saturday were both long runs, 2 1/2 hours and 3 hours each. Fatigue and stiffness are apparent. But tonight, as the clock tick tocked to to 9pm, I still had to get in a minimum of 2 miles. Before I could even think about it, I grabbed my running clothes and headed to SNAP Fitness, EDH.

Two miles. Thats all I had to run. I did. The dreadmill lost tonight. I won.
Its 10:21. I have 1 hr and 39 min to get this posted and I have completed another day. The micro-goals are the only tool I have. Looking at a whole year and Im done. Right now, I just have to get thru an early morning 8 miler. No worries. I'd rather do 8 miles outdoors than 8 minutes on a Dreadmill.


For today, forward is fast.

I am going to bed.

Peace.